Sunday 23 June 2019

Aroha 6: Exploring the Science Roadshow with Team Aroha!




Kia ora koutou katoa Aroha 6 whanau....

This term team Aroha's integrated inquiry plan is based on Mad Science! In support of this we travelled by bus on an excursion to a Science Roadshow situated at Sancta Maria College.

This Science Roadshow sure was fun and exciting.  Definitely was a new interactive learning experience for all of us.  We enjoyed engaging and participating with the live shows, hands on exhibits that enabled our learners to extend their knowledge of the nature of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.... 

Here are some of our learners voices:

What did you enjoy at the Science show? 

Lesego:  "I enjoyed when the water changed colours."

Eliki: "I liked the colourful smoke that exploded."

Aaria-Mei: "I enjoyed lying on the nail bed."

William: "I liked the rocket science experience."

Seti: "I enjoyed watching the green fire."

Kiran: "I liked going to all the different activities."

Ivana:" I liked observing the yellow explosion."

Hyrum: "I liked when the man put the stick in the fire and it turned green."

Pratik: " I liked the part when the man spun the glass of water around and it didn’t tip."

Mia: " I enjoyed when the man put wax on the stick and it changed colours."

Josiah: " I liked it when the man showed us about gravity."

What is gravity? Josiah : "It is about one thing is heavy and one thing is light."

Seira: "I enjoyed playing with different activities."

Grasmer: " I liked when the man put the water in the cup and spun it."

Giana : "I liked going on the bus."

Maisaele: " I liked standing in the tyre and was in the big bubble."






























No comments:

Post a Comment